Since 2016, a growing number of pediatricians in Washington State have been trained on Promoting First Relationships in Pediatric Primary Care (PFR-PPC), a manualized program for pediatricians to help them support stable and secure relationships between parents and their young children. The model is an adaptation of the Promoting First Relationships (PFR) 10-week evidence-based home-visiting program that uses video feedback and consultation strategies to promote positive parent-child relationships. The pediatric adaptation gives providers insights and tools that can be used during 20-minute well-child visits.
- PFR® now eligible for MIECHV funding!
- Free Webinar: Exploring the Science of Connection Behind Promoting First Relationships with Dr. Monica Oxford
- New Promoting First Relationships Preview video!
- National Center for Children in Poverty profiles Promoting First Relationships in Pediatric Primary Care
- Mothers who were considered at risk of postnatal depression were found to benefit from Promoting First Relationships®